Tuesday, June 2, 2009

China May 2009

May 8, 2009 6:18 a.m.
Last night I set my alarm for 5:20 a.m.-we were to leave at 6 a.m. Going to bed at 10:40ish I was giving myself at least 6 good hours of sleep.
Dreaming...I had a wonderful, eventful dream. Don't ask me what it was about because I can't tell because I can't remember...because Dad came upstairs and woke me at 5:07 a.m.
"Wake up Snoodie,"
"Dad, I set my alarm-I have 13 more minutes!"
"Oh." And he was gone.
My eyes drift back when 5 minutes later a blinding light comes from the hallway outside my bedroom door, followed by "Snoodie!"...my mom.
Give me at least 5 more minutes, I thought.
"It's been about a year now..." started playing at 5:20. I got up, washed my feet, changed, packed up the last bit, cursed politely at the iPod for not charging overnight and not loading my Mandarin, took my luggage downstairs to mom and dad's scale to weigh it-39 pounds. Mom needed about 5 hugs before we were off. I watched mom and dad embrace and kiss. I love watching them.
We got in the car and were off. 5:57 a.m.-early.
1:30 p.m.
Checking baggage was easy, no problem going through security-one and a half hour wait. I was starving! So dad and I got some "Chile's to go". He got a banana and water, and I got a fruit cup ($4.99!), orange, and a water. Not much of a breakfast, but there was nothing else. The time flew and we were already boarding the plane. I found our seats easy enough-24 a/c. Someone was going to be sitting between us, easy fact-the flight was full(except for the row behind me which had an empty seat!). No problem I was going to be sleeping. I buckled in.
An Asian woman came into our row, but apparently didn't want to stay so, as I believe it was, her husband switched with her. I slept for an hour, woke up, peed, did some puzzles, went back to sleep for 2ish hours. This time when I woke up I looked out the window and saw snow capped mountains-beautiful. I ordered a glass of ice. We have about one hour left.

4:45 p.m.(S.F.)
Walked a bit to the international terminal. Had lunch at a Japanese place-I had a whole squid, and tried dad's noodle soup. His soup had seaweed, chicken, shrimp, squid, turnip or something, lettuce, egg, and noodles.

After lunch we headed back to find our terminal. We found it-the plane is huge, two stories, but our seats are small-cramped.

Instead of having personal monitors everyone has to watch the same thing-which is right in front of me, making it difficult to see it clearly. At least I have some leg room. The seats go a-c, d-g, h-j. Dad's in D and I'm in F no one is in either E or G. Eating beef jerky and almond M & M's...healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment