Sunday, June 7, 2009

China May 2009-1

May 9, 2009 2:05 a.m.
First inflight meal-didn't eat-was like a pork/beef bun. Second was beef eggplant, rice, 4 carrot slices, one slice of pineapple cantelope muskmelon, bread roll, salad. Third meal, which I just finished, was seafood-shrimp-, rice, green beans, coleslaw, pineapple shortcake, bread roll. After second meal I took three Advil PMs and zonked out for 8 hours, waking with only 2 1/2 hours left. The plane is 38,000 feet above the ground going 433 miles per hour, and the temperature (in case I had wanted to step outside of the plane as we were flying 437 miler per hour) was -70 degrees F.
In order to fall asleep, since the sun was out all the way there, I had my Advil PM (of course), my eye cover, earplugs, pillow, blanket, and I plugged into the radio-turned to Relax radio.
7:10 a.m.

Stepped off the plane and set foot for the first time in China-Beijing. It was dark. We wandered around the stores checking out the different things. They have a TCBC and KFC. For a bottle of Evian water it was 28 yuan, which is like #3.75 American.

Meet Julianna. She's 29, staffer at St. Paul, Illinois. She really like the zombie version of 'Pride & Predjudice', 'Twilight' on tape, and 'The Dutchess' (the movie that was shown on the flight over).
On the plane to Kunming. Stuck in the middle between dad and a guy that smells of garlic-bad. All I wanted to do was sleep, but the people behind me are talking really loud, coughing, and hacking up lungs-plus the cabin lights are on, and the TV is playing. There is still about 2 hours left.
I'm pretty excited about tomorrow. New day-no flying-meet people-day of rest-go to church-shopping... I'm super hot right now. I can't take my sweatshirt off cause I'm wearing my MOST shirt. So hot. Waiting for the cabin lights to go off. Sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment